Session 2: Academic Policy Scenario

Home Forums SO100EC OLC Portal Frontend Session 2: Academic Policy Scenario

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KimAlyse Popkave, M.Ed. 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

OT Academy
    Keymaster

Note: Access and review all policies listed in the Student Handbook or Faculty Handbook, when answering the scenario questions.

• Joseph Brea completed an 8-week eCourse, he earned a 2.50 GPA the first time and was placed on academic probation. The second time he earned a 2.98 GPA. If he took the eCourse a third time. How much would he pay in retake fees?
    • If he received a 3.40 GPA after the third time taking the eCourse, what happens to his academic standing?
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  OT Academy.

He will pay $800.

Probation is lifted after the successful completion.

Phillip Seibel
    Keymaster

It looks to me like Joseph would have to pay $100 for the third course, and then once he pulled his grades up to 3.4, his probation should be lifted.

OT Academy
      Keymaster

If Joseph does not pass the eCourse after the second attempt. On the third time taking the eCourse, he would be required to pay the retake fee of $100 per week for the eCourse. The eCourse is 8-weeks long so his retake fee would be $800.

Yes, Phillip. His probation would be lifted. However, for that third time taking the eCourse, he must pay $800 ($100 per week).

OT Academy
    Keymaster

In this scenario, Joseph Brea would did not pass his third attempt at taking the eCourse. What would or should you do next?

Phillip Seibel
      Keymaster

If Joseph didn’t pass a course on the third attempt, I would want to find out why. In addition to the formal academic review procedures, I would want to have a 1-on-1 discussion with him to try and identify what specific issues he is facing and figure out how to best address them so that he can be successful in the future.

Candice Thomas
    Keymaster

Hello,

After the student has reached the 3.4 gpa then he will no longer be on academic probation. He will pay a fee of $100 after the second attempt. I’m not sure if it said $100 per week or $100 total. Anyone know?

Candice Thomas
    Keymaster

I see, it says per week.

Kimerli Sawyer
    Keymaster

$100 per week would be required to be paid until the student brings GPA up to the acceptable GPA

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.