Session 3: Collaboration Principles

Home Forums SO100EC OLC Portal Frontend Session 3: Collaboration Principles

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eugene Ceballos 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Dr. Shinshuri
    Keymaster

How do you infuse collaboration and sharing into every learning experience? Showing us works better than telling us.

One way to infuse collaboration into every learning experience is to do what we are doing right now…posting questions in the forum, and having participants respond to each other.
    We can also give mini-projects or practices for students to work together and respond to each other. When they come back into the eClass, they can share with the class.
    Another way to infuse collaboration into learning experiences is to encourage students to work together on certain assignments, and to meet with teams of students to collaborate with them.

Dr. Shinshuri
      Keymaster

KimAlyse:

Those were some great examples. But, have you thought about how you might embed gamification into this experience as well. I’m getting ready to take a certification course on Coursera called Gamification! I’d like to add an eCourse called Gamification Infused to the portal for Faculty Professional Development. What do you think about this as a cool new eCourse?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Dr. Shinshuri.

Eugene Ceballos
        Keymaster

Gamification sounds very Interesting!!

Dr. Shinshuri
          Keymaster

Eugene:

Gamification is really fun! I am already using it with some of my corporate clients. Bt, I want to get the certification cause I want to do much more with it including developing new intellectual properties and curricula!

Hello, Eugene.
          What about gamification sounds interesting to you?
          Have you had any experience with it?

Eugene Ceballos
          Keymaster

Mrs. Popkave, in response to your question about “Gamification”, I have never had any past experience that I know about with this term. I mean maybe when I was younger I might have had experience with it, however what seems interesting to me is to how us as Educators and Faculty will be able to incorporate “Gamification” into our online classrooms and learning experience for our students. If we can make the learning experience Fun and exciting for our students then that is something that will definitely be interesting. I can only imagine the possibilities!!

I have not thought of using gamification. I never really got much into playing, let alone creating, digital games.
        This is something I should research, to see how to utilize it effectively.
        We should discuss this further — then, perhaps we can take the discussion to our proposed ongoing faculty development sessions, once we get that started.

Dr. Shinshuri
    Keymaster

I eat, sleep, pray, and love flexible learning. It is the only thing I am really interested in as an educator. Experiences is how I infuse interactive, collaborative, immersive, and social learning experiences. It’s dichotomous. I use experiences to create the very thing that I am infusing. Focus on allowing learners to co-create the experience with you. Viola! You will always have an infused flexible, immersive, social learning experience.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Dr. Shinshuri.

I completely understand, Dr. Shinshuri, what you mean by your first statement. I had a conversation, today, with a gentleman who works at the Schuylkill Center. He asked me what I do for a living, and I told him that I am an educator. He asked for what school did I work, and I informed him of Shinshuri Foundation and how we are launching OTA. I started explaining how we have structured our college, and the many advantages we offer our learning community. His reply to all I told him was simply: “It is obvious that you really love what you do!”

Eugene Ceballos
        Keymaster

I can agree, A sense of pride in being an educator is something that I am very much looking forward to Mrs. Popkave.

Eugene Ceballos
      Keymaster

In my opinion, flexible learning is the way of the Future Dr. Shinshuri. I heard a statistic before that about 25% of returning students are interested in Flexible and online learning in order to pursue their education. That is a lot of students and the future is just exciting to think about. The sky is the Limit!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.