Session 3: Collaboration Tools Scenario

Home Forums SO100EC OLC Portal Frontend Session 3: Collaboration Tools Scenario

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Eugene Ceballos 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

OT Academy
    Keymaster

Note: Reinforce the Guiding Principles as you complete the collaboration and sharing scenario.

• Which tool do you like the most? Why? Share your perspective.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  OT Academy.

For collaboration, I prefer the Video & Audio Conferencing. My conferencing tool of choice is SKYPE, because I find it very easy to utilize when needing to share screens and add other people to the call. It is a wonderful tool for communication and participation with people all over the world. I also prefer utilizing Conferencing for Coaching students and for encouraging students to provide Mentorship for each other.

Dr. Shinshuri
      Keymaster

KimAlyse,

Skype is a popular video, audio, and instant messaging tool. But it has some connectivity and lag issues. It also has a tendency to drop calls. It can be a real pain, when you are engaged in a very important meeting.

Eugene Ceballos
    Keymaster

I can say that I agree with Mrs. Popkave, I also like the conferencing tool SKYPE. I also find it easier to utilize and also most people are more familiar with that Application. Its very convenient to use.

Eugene, once people learn of Join.me, it is fairly easy to use, especially for our eClass Sessions.
      We just need to play with it to familiarize ourselves with it.

Dr. Shinshuri
      Keymaster

Hey Eugune. I like skype tool. What other video and audio messaging tools have you used? Have you tried Trillian Pro or iChat on the Mac?

Eugene Ceballos
        Keymaster

I must admit Dr. Shinshuri, I am fairly new to these Video conferencing applications. You can say that I am learning as I go. I agree with you that people do become more familiar with these applications the more they use them. I am starting to engage in the Social Learning Environment!!!

Dr. Shinshuri
    Keymaster

I like all of the collaboration tools. I don’t have a favorite one. I like them all and enjoy testing and trying out new ones all the time. I like to select based on my immediate needs. Some tools are definitely better to use depending on the situation and circumstance. In other words, I allow my immediate task or need drive which collaboration tool I use. That will be the one I like at any given time.

Yes, Dr. Shinshuri, I think if we try out new tools with a sense of play and discovery, we will learn to utilize and enjoy working with these new tools.

Dr. Shinshuri
        Keymaster

Yes indeed. I love exploration!

Eugene Ceballos
        Keymaster

Yes Mrs. Popkave, let us play and discover how these new applications and tools work for our benefit of Social Learning!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.